The Least of These

 Tonight, I was planning to post about Miss B's birthday and all the love poured out on her (and therefore her mama.)   Adults willing to act silly to insure she had a wonderful birthday, those are pictures you would want to see!

That was the plan.

 I walked to the dining hall alone thinking on the post.   My Dear had taken "the Reds" (as I call our redheads) along with the dog to fill water bottles and they would meet me there, the people not the dog.   Dolly left early to  help our neighbor.  It had been a Monday....you know what I mean!   Children whined about "more school work."  "Do I have to do alllll of the dishes??"   "That's mine!"  "MOM!"  "Do I have to?"   "She did it!"  and the newest one "No likes me in this family," followed by tears.

 You get it!!!!

As I made my way around the corner, I was met by a guard and another man  who I did not recognize.  I chatted with the guard who was looking for someone.   Since this someone is on furlough, My Dear is covering his responsibilities.  My Dear who was at the top of the hill filling water bottles with 2 children and a dog trying to get it done before rain came and in time to get to the dinning hall for dinner.   The mission was closed and this guard was off duty so he explained to the man what was happening.   Just as we were about to attempt plan #1, I heard the ATV coming.   I gave My Dear a heads up and took over the water business.

Sent Miss B. to the dining hall and Billy to take the dog home.  I then began to unload large water bottles and the tears fell. 

I had walked past them several times.   Wooden, painted black and so small.   But never looked at the face of a person who needed one.   This small man was here on behalf of  a friend.  He was here to purchase a coffin for a 5 -year-old.

This is the reality in this country, parents bury their children.   I don't like it!   I don't like it at all!   I also don't like when folks do not care for the children in their care such as in some so called "orphanages."   Slavery is ugly and it is real and some children end up there.  Truth is, this is not just in this country.   Thankful I serve a God that sees and knows it all and He has not forgotten the "least of these."   

                                    A few boys.....sweet, rotten, active, 100% boys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HELP!!!

Kinsmen Redeemer

Cheerio Toes