Lessons From a Roller Coaster Ride

My 10-year-old niece is a thrill seeker!   She loves amusement parks and there is no ride too scary for her.   My sister enjoys them too but a brain tumor has removed her ability to enjoy them without consequences.  She can ride the rides, but she won't be able to drive the car home afterwards.   Therefore,  she packs a to-do-list and makes phone calls while my thrill-seeking-niece rides.   Dolly and I went along with them for a trip this summer.   Dolly would ride with the thrill-seeker and my sister and I could have that time together.   I got to ride some too!   It was a fun day of getting to know my sister and my quiet yet fearless niece.

My sister suggested I ride a roller coaster with the girls.   The ride beat you up, dropped you down and of course went fast.  I had to keep coaching myself to not stiffen up but to be a "wet noodle" to enjoy the ride.    One part of the roller coaster ride took a steep dive into the dark.   The ride drops through a dark tunnel and I was unable to see what lies ahead.  I noticed that I was totally relaxed!   I had not just mastered the "wet noodle" but I was in "lay at the beach mode!"   I wasn't coaching myself to relax it just happened.   Starring into the darkness, I was able to enjoy the ride.   The Lord spoke to my heart at that point and said, "Remember this!"  

What lies ahead for our family is unknown, darkness.   But I experienced the peace that the Lord wants to give me on that silly roller coaster.   He is a sovereign God-He knows what He is doing and it is for my good and His glory!!!    So this next chapter of my life, I will buckle my seatbelt, keep my hands inside of the car, and try to be a "wet noodle" and rest in the hands of the God who controls the roller coasters of this life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Cards and "More Dezus"

Kinsmen Redeemer

HELP!!!