Our Marriage Confession


We've been married for over 20 years....but...

I do NOT complete my husband.

I am NOT his soulmate.

I am NOT his best friend.

AND

I am NOT the one his soul longs for.

So much for a Happy Valentine's Day for us.   

Here's the truth.  

We are 2 imperfect people, living imperfect lives, raising imperfect people as we go about our days trying to share truth.

The truth.

Jesus Christ completes my husband.

Jesus Christ is his soulmate.

Jesus Christ is his best friend.

Jesus Christ is whom his soul longs for. 

And this is all the better for me!   My Dear's love for the Lord lavishes on me, our children, our family, friends, and even complete strangers.   My Dear's desire for me, our children, and all others  is the same; that ONLY Jesus will complete us, ONLY Jesus is our soulmate and best friend and ONLY Jesus is who our souls long for.   






Comments

Marti Bodenheimer said…
absolute truth. Love you both.
knowmistaken said…
I love this so much!! It is absolutely the truth!! Thanks for sharing. I believe people are so misguided and mistaken and are trying desperately to have a human fulfill or complete them and that is such a lie. The world would like us to believe that a human can fill all those things you mentioned but our only true fulfillment is in Jesus!! Thanks for sharing! ♥️

Popular posts from this blog

HELP!!!

Kinsmen Redeemer

Christmas Cards and "More Dezus"