But the rain turned into so much more! Look at this face (and shirt!)...
Thursday, July 30, 2009
But the rain turned into so much more! Look at this face (and shirt!)...
Monday, July 27, 2009
With all that being said, I neglected to inform My Dear of an informational meeting at the church on Sunday afternoon. He took the older kids to ride dirt bikes while I had B. at home for a nap, yep, both of us. I awoke at a quarter til 4. Surprised My Dear was not home yet, I called to learn he was riding with the kids and decided I would just wake sleeping baby to go with me. Then I realized he took the van, I did not have a car seat. Called my neighbor secured a car seat and then realized I did not have keys to the car! She offered me her van but we live close enough I would take the bike. THIS BIKE~
I buckled little darlin's helmet on and we were off her bib flapping in the wind. By this time, I had about 4 minutes to get there. I am on my bicycle! Although I do enjoy being active, it does not always fit with 3 different developmental levels and responsibilities. I took a short cut through the neighborhood and then through a school all comprised of hills. It was WORK! I reminded myself of when you think you can not give anymore, that is when you start to push. I knew I was going to be late so I was pushing that much harder. We made it, and it was actually fun! B. hopped off the bike and ran inside! She loved it! I got a pen and a piece of paper and sat down in the meeting. Our friend Bob looked at me and said, "Are you alright?" Makes me laugh to know it showed on the outside too OR maybe I really smelled at this point. Regardless, I was determined to make it to this meeting and I did! The speaker said it will be cool to see how God will work in each of us. As far as I am concerned, it already has been!
Friday, July 24, 2009
1. a shower gift for my soon to be sister-in-law who has a bridal shower tomorrow-lots of driving for me but we love this girl!
2. kindergarten lessons-I have the plan books but need my own planning book and L.'s books have been ordered. As soon as they get here, we are getting started with this one!
3. a green ball I could not find when I gave a friend the toy it goes too. Hope I can keep it hidden here until I see her again.
4. an empty Silly Putty egg and I am a little concerned about its contents (1) because baby girl has been crawling up here and (2) I have really enjoyed playing with that stuff and noticed, believe it or not, I skip an evening snack if my hands are busy. So glad L. won it at the library for reading 300 minutes! (but seeing that she does not read yet-I guess I earned it for reading to her!)
5. AWANA catalog time to order for this great ministry! Anyone want to volunteer?
6. information sheet for the Vietnam trip there is an informational meeting for those seriously interested on Sunday afternoon. I will be there!!
7. Artwork made of markers and stickers because I don't have the heart to throw it in the recycle bin. Likely to come to a Grandparent near you!
8. Plastic covered wires off of C's new toy that he saved up for with his yard sale money. My aunt recommended them to use to tie plants up because they will not rust. My Dear will appreciate them for his mini tomato garden. C. found the toy $5 cheaper at another Wal Mart vs. our local Wal Mart.
9. Receipt for jeans I returned for My Dear. I am horrible at buying clothes for him! I look at the price tag first, he does not.
10. Pictures my dad took of the big kids playing ball and made them into magazine covers. They are super cute and he added some humorous text. The kids thought they were real magazines! Plan to frame them and display with their trophies.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Fast forward a few years-the boy loves breads! I cut a piece of fresh baked bread for him that a friend had made. As he went to take a bite, I informed him it had peas in it. You can image his surprise to look in his bread and see green! The joke was on him and he now has a new favorite vegetable! (Thanks Janet!)
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Sunday, July 12, 2009
It is so easy to fall in love with them, even the ones that need love the most. Isaiah was one of those kids. He could not stay still, he interrupted with unrelated questions and comments, he was all action all of the time. BUT Isaiah was always ready for a hug and always made us laugh! Three years later, he still calls me,"teacher."
Our church hosted a Training Camp. Mr. Isaiah was there and ready to play basketball. I went to Spiritual Training the same time he did. One night, the plan of salvation was shared and kids could talk with their coaches if they wanted to make a decision. A few of those kids were baptized today. One of those kids was Isaiah! I know I cheered longer and louder than anyone else in the building, in fact if our little man had been standing beside me, he would have elbowed me to quiet down! Isaiah will have a life and all of that energy will be used for the Lord!
I went to hug him after he dried off and was clothed. He was so eager to make his rounds, he had no time to talk. But later he spotted me and one of his family friends on the same row and joined us. He belted out, "How Great Is Our God!" when we sang and my heart swelled! I could not open my mouth to sing but worshipped through a little boy's words of praise. As the teaching time rolled around, I gave him the sermon outline and a pen. He filed in the blanks with letters and some words he made up. The last blank was so profound to me that I ripped it off and gave it his grandma. He completed the last blank with,
THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS Isaiah. Yes, he sure does!
Friday, July 10, 2009
A few months ago, I watched television! It is a rare occurrence but somehow I got stuck on the show Clean House. I guess it made me feel better about my own house. They clean everything out and stick it on the lawn to sell. Zoe Elmore encouraged the liberation from stuff on her blog as well. So I cleaned out-bathroom cabinets, bookcases, the basement, storage shed, closets and anything I was tried of picking up or stepping over-out on the lawn it went! It went well and a few of my favorite charities benefited as well. Today, the girls helped me pull all of the empty boxes to the drive-way to be taken to the recycling center. We played "blocks" with them and then tried this for our celebration with others joining in later.....
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
1. been at the baseball fields 4 nights a week.
2.coached a sports training camp for one sweaty week.
3. hosted the parents visit from Florida.
4. hosted another set of parents for a weekend.
5. hosted a bridal shower 2 1/2 hours away.
6. hosted a yard sale.
7. sat in the rain for 2 out of 3 baseball games on the 4th-with little man bringing home a league champion trophy!
9. went to the zoo on the hottest day of the year with my siblings, parents, niece, and nephew.
10. went to the free movies and story time at the library.
We have loved it! But, today, we are resting and apparently I am not the only one that needs it.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
My Dear and I both have teaching responsibilities on Wednesday nights and Man Cub was finishing his year in AWANA-and that was priority. I let the coach know of this priority from the get-go. C. was able to play for about 30 minutes of the early games before we had to leave and would miss the later games. The little guy did great with this and it was worth it to him to have the 30 minutes to play while little sisters and I picnic dinnered in the stands. With 2 kids playing, we were at the park 4 nights a week with "Little Miss Striving for Independence" in tow. Do you see why I was dreading this?
God had plans for me at the ball park other than cheering like a wild woman! (Which I am VERY good at-thankyaverymuch!)
I met other moms! One mom I sat and chatted with through the 2 hour long coach's pitch practices. She spoke of disagreements in her marriage and concerns for her children. She knew we left early on Wednesdays but did not know why. One night, My Dear was able to pop in for "changing of the guard" so I could head on over to church. I said something to him about church which this mom overheard. It opened up more discussions. It was simply an opened window and I was privileged to be sitting there with this sweet mama.
Another mom I met, reminds me so much of my life long friend who lives back home, so I immediately liked her. Today she gave me a note that humbled and encouraged me. Although she handed me a note, it was more like a pom-pom to my heart!