Clothesline Blessings

We have been back in country for a full week now.   The first few days were harder than I expected.  I assume it is the change in altitude and a late flight followed by an early flight that knocked me off of my feet.   I don't recall ever sleeping that hard.   (I am glad to know that I can still do it!)

We enjoyed the beauty of the snow when we were out.  The coziness of homes with  double-paned windows, insulation and heat kept us comfortable when it was cold outside.   In fact, I shared with My Dear that I was warmer at night in the states than I am in our mountain home.

Upon our return, I stood at the clothesline with a fresh appreciation for the sunshine that we were getting and how warm the blankets on the line felt.   I have stood at the clothesline many times with gratitude.  On this day, I looked at the t-shirt quilt that My Dear's mom made for Billy before our move.  It was such a precious gift for a boy who was leaving all things familiar and loved behind.   Every baseball, basketball and soccer team he was ever on is represented in the quilt along with the sleeve of his gee and a football jersey.  He only got to play football for one year as My Dear and I knew it was a now or never for him, as the Lord was calling us to the island.   I am thankful for the opportunities, friends, and lessons he learned through those experiences.   Beside the quilt hung a blanket we actually bought at a truck-stop when we came to the states for the first time in cold weather.  It was a sorrowful visit that the Lord held us through and that truck-stop blanket was a thrill for a little girl who was cold and provided comfort for her.  The Lord wrapped His arms around all of us much like our little darlin' was wrapped in that truck-stop blanket.   A doll blanket hung on the line that "Mamaw" made.  I was home from church with a sick little girl, years ago.  "Mamaw," a lady who took us under her wing when we moved north, sent the blanket so the little mama could care for her baby doll.   I just looked at these items and smiled at how God continues to meet all of our needs and often in unexpected ways.  He is our Provider.  He is our loving Father who knows our needs and meets us where we are.  He is our Comforter and wraps us with love like a truck-stop blanket and much like a blanket from a truck-stop might require, He leads us to see the beauty in the broken.  Thank you Lord for showing me glimpses of You, even at the clothesline.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gut Shot!

HELP!!!

Christmas Cards and "More Dezus"