Pretty Woman


I feel just like Julia Roberts in Pretty Women (except for the business transactions.) Since My Dear husband loves teenagers, we have been invited to attend the local prom as chaperons. Finally, I have gotten my dream date to the prom and you know how I like to dance! I thought of how fun this will be. Then it hit me, as it does every girl going to the prom WHAT WILL I WEAR? Since being either pregnant or nursing a baby for about 8 years, I stopped buying dresses unless they are maternity.
I have a couple of 'stylin' friends- one is the size of my leg but the other is pregnant with baby #6. I knew she would have a variety of sizes as she has been blessed with 5 beautiful girls (yes, they are beautiful) and the transition that comes after each of their births.
Sure enough, Missi shows up with a variety of sizes, styles and accessories! See, I am Julia Roberts, minus the you know what.
Here is what I have learned or have been reminded of in this "Mama sized" dress up session were I have received the royal treatment:
1. You feel how you look. (remember the post Sweatpants Day)
2. It is great to save money and live frugally but you don't have to look like last year's Wal-Mart clearance. Kids can wear used clothes but adults may need to spring for a new piece to update their wardrobe. (I am so cheap, I can't believe I am actually saying this! But it is true.)
3. If I buy clothes that are well made, I don't have to worry about something hanging out when I bend over. The quality keeps you covered-literally!
4. You just need a dress and should plan to use it to go out with the man who married you before you were a mama to 3 (or to 6 in Missi's case.)

I am looking forward to having fun with my husband and teenagers I love-all dolled up, as my Annie would say! After the prom, I start the search for my little dress. Consignment sells here I come! What can I say, I am frugal!

Comments

Jen@Scrapingirl said…
I just found your blog through blogspot. My hubby and I are chaperones for the homeschool prom tonight. Who would've thought many years later I'd be going to rom again. Buying a dress was hard. But it'll be so worth going out and having fun. Enjoy yourself and have fun.
Anonymous said…
Just got your message and now on your blog. I mean it when I say you were your husband's before those little darlings ever came to be...so enjoy each other!! I am so happy and excited for you guys. I know how tough it is to get a night off-remember we have 5 little girls with another beautiful blessing on the way.
hoppymomto8 said…
And just what's wrong with Wal-Mart clearance? :)
Judy. said…
How exciting to get all dressed up for a night out! You know you will have to have shoes to go with the beautiful dress! And of course - I want a picture!

Judy
Love the dress...I enjoyed reading your blog today. I am still so new to the land of blog,

but so loving reading others stories.

Everyone has a story and so many of them are so touching....
Hope you will stop by for a visit.
The May give-away has started and this month there will be 10 winners. I will be blogging from Disney World soon
Melisa said…
Mike and I went to the high school prom together for the first time at his first teaching job and it was grand! We had a blast as a married couple. And, I hope you do as well! God bless.
Rena Gunther said…
Can't wait to see the pics!

I got all excited for you! Nostalgia hit and I was even more excited. Then I remember they probably won't be playing '80s music.

Oh well....dance, dance, dance...
Tami said…
I want to see the pictures! tami w

Popular posts from this blog

A Gut Shot!

Christmas Cards and "More Dezus"

HELP!!!