A 3 year old's View into the Manger

When my parents moved south leaving my brother the blessing of their "stuff." I asked about the nativity my mother set up when we were children. No one knew exactly where it was, but had their ideas. This summer, I ventured into my brother's attic to find Barbie, Little People, and Strawberry Shortcake that my mother had saved for her grandchildren. But among the rubble, I saw the old nativity. It was so beautiful to me as a child and was always placed higher then our little hands could reach. My mom was there, so I immediately asked if I could have it.

The nativity is not expensive. It is not exactly Biblically accurate, but I love that I only found 2 magi because we know of 3 gifts does not mean that there were 3 men. The men are not in this picture because they did not see the baby at the birth spot but at his home. I enjoyed setting up the nativity. I looked at each piece noting the price tags of simple amounts on the figures and displaying it as accurate as I could.


The day the big kids began unloading the Christmas tubs, I called for B. to clean up a mess. When she did not come, I went looking and found her, chin on the table looking at the toy nativity set. She said, "Wook at this!!" Needless to say, I left her in awe and went to clean up the mess.

The figures get played with and end up in odd places. Today, I asked her if she would put the figures back in the stable. She went right to work, placing each figure where it goes. This is what I found.................




I think she gets it! Yes, B. it is ALL about that Baby!! Now, to fix my nativity and my heart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HELP!!!

Kinsmen Redeemer

Cheerio Toes