The Gift of Reading


I am sure I have shared this a zillion times but can't help but share it again just incase someone might have missed it!

Last year at the end of the season, the children and I wrapped 25 Christmas books including a Bible. As of December 1st, we began to unwrap a book a day to read in preparation for Christmas. I know that sounds like a lot of books but you would be amazed how quickly they accumulate. Because the older kids realized last year that these are the same books, they are on the hunt for their favorites.

Miss B. wants the Little Critter book.
Dolly is watching out for the Legend of the Candy Cane.
Billy enjoys The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey (which is also one of my favorites.)

I know there will be a day when they no longer have time for this silly tradition but as of now-it is a gift everyday-for them and for me!

Comments

Shay S. said…
I love this idea! We need to buy some more books to make this happen. I will make sure to get enough before next Christmas.

Popular posts from this blog

HELP!!!

Kinsmen Redeemer

Christmas Cards and "More Dezus"