Trading Places

My Dear planned a mission trip for next week.   His summer is FILLED with camps and mission trips.   After posting the trip for weeks, only girls signed up to go.    Hmmm.....   They just happen to be going to a place close to my heart because so many that I love are near.  

So, we are Trading Places!   My Dear will be the stay-at-home-daddy and I get to be the "youth minister."   Well, actually, I get to be the chick driving a church van with some of my very favorite young women in it, my sweet college aged friend driving shotgun and a two young women that I am sooo looking forward to getting to know.

I am excited, nervous, a bit anxious....all of those emotions that come with stepping out of your comfort zone.   Oh, did I mention we will be doing construction!   See what I am sayin'!

I look forward to being with these young women, in this beautiful part of the country, in worship daily, serving tirelessly, isolated from all of my obligations at home, having people love on my little people, serving with other believers, loving on those around us and arriving home thrilled to see the fam, exhausted, blessed, and so very thankful for this opportunity.   With that being said, I need to print some forms, directions, and continue to get my heart ready for what is about to do!



Comments

Sounds fun to me!!!!

Just trying to catch up on some blog reading ;)

Popular posts from this blog

A Gut Shot!

Christmas Cards and "More Dezus"

Kinsmen Redeemer