Baby Steps

A few years ago, our friends from college shared with the world that they were taking their 5 children and moving to Africa.   As she shared steps of the process, I began to look at the "stuff" in our home differently.   In fact, I would say aloud, "Yes."   "No."   "Why do I even have that?"   I was asking myself, if it were worth taking to another country.   My girlfriend teased me that I should be careful cause I might be next.   Sure enough, God was grooming the "stuff" through her move.  

At this point there is still so much in the way that I think, "IT CAN ALL GO!"   In fact, one night at AWANA I realized I had left a window open at our home.   My 6th grade friend, Trinity suggested that someone might break in and steal something.   Her leader looked at me and smiled and said, "that might be a good thing."   I totally agreed.  

But truly when it all comes down, I am holding on to those finger paintings.  I look at the toy kitchen and wonder if my children would want that for their own children.   Seeing that the littles are under the age of 13, it is a hard call.   I caught Dolly in a daze looking at a toy she played with as a toddler.  It is all stuff and I am consistently, inconsistent in the way I look at it.   Most days I just want to scream, "GET IT ALL OUT OF HERE!" 

Truth is, our Billy enjoys bamboo sticks.  Our Dolly, has a friend over that just asked why she had cardboard in her bedroom floor.   The girls are in the bathroom right now putting foil on their baby dolls giving them highlights.   Duck tape will keep them busy for an entire roll.   Miss B. has a collection of water bottle lids to glue to the bottom of tissue boxes to make dinosaur feet.   So why do I stress!!!  

Seeing there is so much to do, I want to celebrate baby steps!
1.  My dentist appointments are out of the way and I left encouraged by a new mom who was just "filling in" and is watching her husband grow in Christ.
2.   My Dear has began his dentist appointments.
3.  My eye doctor appointment is complete with new glasses ordered from a staff that encouraged me and cheered us on in our journey.
4.   Appointments made for the rest of the clan for the eye doctor.
5.   Two children have well visits this week.
6.   Order math and Miss B.'s school books for next year this week.
7.   Bought some birthday/Christmas gifts for Billy, Miss, B. and some to leave behind to be shared after we leave.
8.   Have located a family that is willing to meet with us who speak Creole!   This is big stuff cause we live in a less than diverse community.  They are only 15 minutes away and they contacted us as they heard we were looking for assistance with language learning.   WOOT!
9.   New leadership to take over my responsibilities with our school group.
10.  A replacement for my role in teaching Kindergarten Sunday School.
11.  Oh, sold a large, antique piece this week and found a home for some memory rich pieces of pottery.
12.   The expired passport has been ordered!

They may seem like baby steps, but they are steps!  

My Dear has a big weekend this weekend in his ministry.   Prayers appreciated.   He will teach/share/preach this evening and again on Sunday morning and our Tall, Dark, and Handsome will be a part of it.

Now, must go.   There is mop water waiting to be dumped and naked beds waiting for clean sheets!   Leaving you with this photo, from papers I have gone through.   Billy, Dolly, and Miss B's flag all from their first grade year in school.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HELP!!!

Kinsmen Redeemer

Cheerio Toes