Three Months Until Launch

We are 3 months ahead of launch...the only thing I honestly feel as if we are "ahead" on is in our school work.   PRAISE the LORD!  

I have written lesson plans out for the remainder of the school year.  It thrills me to see subjects come to completion.   I see the light at the end of the tunnel.    I brought the planning book to My Dear and said, "This NEVER happens!"  God is so good!  With schooling finished early, I can move old materials on, store others away for the younger students, and pack up school materials.   It is a incredible chunk of time that I will gain as well.  

This morning, we received a call from parks and rec in our community.   They asked if our guy would be signing up for baseball this year.   My Dear was awaken by the phone and answered, "No, we are moving to Haiti."   Poor lady, I heard her say, "Wow!....   Ok.....Good Luck with that."   I giggled and said, well that is one way to tell folks!   Just seemed so blunt....you know like a person who just woke up might talk!

Several folks have asked how the kids are doing with the transition.   For the most part, they are doing VERY well!   But sometimes, there is some "sorting" that we go through.

Tonight as Dolly and I were going through clothes, she began making plans....cause that is what she does.   I simply reminded her of our timeline.   She realized that our time at our church is limited and I pulled that little heart nestled into a growing body into my lap and just let her know, I get it.   She shared all kinds of concerns and sorrows and I shared that I too had to deal with those and that we would just do it together.   She wiped the tears away and I assured her that my tears will fall too.

Billy, thinks he has found a home for his hamster Peanut but has decided maybe he would want to take him with us.   Today, I began to clean off a piece of furniture to get rid of it and he thinks he might want to take that too.   I stepped back and told him we will continue to think on these things.  

We have been in some contact with a family serving in Haiti that has 2 children close to our kiddo's ages.  I was very excited to share that with the girls.   So Miss B. has been praying for more than 2 friends.   Today, while reading our friend's blog who is in Haiti,  we saw the faces of 3 more little girls that could be "friends."   Miss B was all smiles!  She is not able to comprehend the magnitude of the move on her friendships but knows she will miss them.

Our Tall, Dark, and Handsome has decided to stay "home" and finish his senior year of high school.   His housing arrangements are made.He started a new job last week and his progress report from school was refrigerator worthy! 

We received some support last month that brought me to tears.   The encouraging notes were so very precious to use.  We were so humbled that God would see fit to allow us to even know people that love Him that much!  

As time gets closer the challenges will change, as with everything.   As of right now, we have appointments with doctors, the dentist,  and more to schedule.   I have a passport to take care of, visas to prepare for, puppy records in order, houses to sell, stuff to pack, stuff to get rid off............a GREAT big God to rely on, worship, praise, and celebration!   Now, that second part sounds like something I will go do now before the "to do List" makes me a Nut Job!   What a fantastic journey!!!!!!!!

Please pray for our home to sell and that our neighbors will be blessed by the new owners.
Pray also for our Old KY Home to be sold and God to be glorified through it.

Thanks ya'll!



   

Comments

amym said…
here is a blog of a US family serving in Haiti...
http://www.livesayhaiti.com/

Popular posts from this blog

HELP!!!

Kinsmen Redeemer

Christmas Cards and "More Dezus"