Confessions of a Piler

I am a child of a piler so I guess I can say I inherited it! I will be honest, the piles on the bar in our kitchen make me nutty but there is always stuff there! My friend commented on how clean the drawers are in our home but her counter tops are always clean. She finds a spot for things but I have to put them in THEIR spot. But many times I don't know where that place is...therefore, I pile.

I am reading all kinds of teaching inspiration-organizing for homeschoolers, Cathy Duffy just to make sure I am on the right path, and Diane Hopkins of Love to Learn. I am dreaming big! I have materials to do for Social Studies and pulled books off the bookcase to read with the children on related topics we have in Science and Social Studies. Thus, I have created another pile! By the way, I am loving reading this summer and PRAISE GOD my reluctant reader has become a bookworm!!!! We are doing more Social Studies and Science this summer and it is totally working for us and drives our reading as well.



This is one angle of the pile on my desk. It includes the book I just finished reading, Thin Places a memoir by Mary E. DeMuth. I have become a nonfiction junky but this reading was not the record the facts kinda book but more like, watch my God kinda book. It was given to me by a family member and I wondered how she knew how messed up I am to give it to me. It then occured to me, that I am not the only one! God loves my mess! It gives Him plenty of opportunities to shine through if I let Him! That is exactly what DeMuth does with this book.

This is the scene in my bedroom today. I LOVE laundry baskets! One is odd socks that I tackled last night, another clean laundry that is now put away. The white basket is hand-me-downs from my niece to be stored. The odd blue basket is homeless stuff that goes to the basement to find their home. I am about to turn those frames into white frames for the girls' artwork to be displayed in their room. When that gets done, I will send you a picture. Just need the frames painted cause the artwork is obviously in a pile on my desk!

Comments

Unknown said…
I love you! You are a woman after my own heart! Piling, reading, book pulling, sock organizing...we must be sisters!
Our computer desks are always piles, then it takes over our kitchen counters.... :)

My homeschooling books- well...sometimes take over spaces too. It is all good. We do organize at least once a week :)
Erica said…
I make piles too and hide them in closets :) ha! So, I think you left a comment on my page and it was deleted some how. I just wanted to let you know that it got lost in cyberspace and that I did not delete your post. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Cards and "More Dezus"

Kinsmen Redeemer

HELP!!!