DELIGHT!

We have had a tree in our yard that has been dead since we moved her almost 7 years ago. It seemed tricky, at least for me, to take down because it is on a property line and could easily fall and damage a fence, a house, a play set, an outbuilding.... you name it- risky. I used to fear any strong wind, that it would blow the tree over our neighbor's fence damaging their property. I have lost sleep over that silly tree!

Well, the weather has been quite interesting around her the past few weeks. Last Friday night, we woke the children at 2 a.m. to move to our "mostly" unfinished basement due to a tornado or 2 in our area. The storms have been so often that Miss B. is not quite as rattled by the thunder. When she does get upset, she just runs to our bedroom and assumes the position-you know the one right between mommy and daddy!

Apparently, last night was just as eventful but I too have learned to sleep through the excitement. When I went toward the restroom this morning, I glanced out the window and to my DELIGHT, I saw this:

The old tree was down-really down! In fact, there is hardly a stump to mess with. It laid across the strange, kinda useless, little patio without missing anything that we could have lost or might have missed. I looked out, smiled and said, "THANK YOU GOD!" I am so thankful that old tree is down! AND you know what an old, dead tree means.....critters and lots of them. So the scientists went to work!



Billy said he could not wait to get to that tree so I knew we had to do some other school work first or I would lose him for the entire day! Billy armed with a tool kit, Dolly armed with a microscope and her nature journal and Miss B. armed with her flip flops headed out for what Dolly called an "ADVENTURE." I could hear their squeals and thrills with each new discovery.




Thank you God for delighting me in one less concern and for delighting the children in an adventure in Your creation!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Cards and "More Dezus"

Kinsmen Redeemer

HELP!!!