Our Dolly and oh my....

Our Dolly turned 6 today! It still seems like she is 4 and as the years go by, I forget more and more of what the children were like when they were younger. Seems sad, BUT I am SO thankful for healthy, thriving children.

As part of the celebration, Dolly got her nails done. She got to pick out the color and they painted her fingers and toes. She even got to sit under the dryer.

Our neighbor camped out at our house while B. napped so we could enjoy this event together. We are so blessed by our friends living right on our street. Not just this family but several. I think it should make the property value go up-just sayin'!

Billy went with us. It really was not painful for him, silly boy!

When I went to pay for Dolly's fancy nails, I realized I did not have any money. I was a bit panicked. The only collateral I have is the children and I was NOT leaving them!
They allowed me to leave and come back since the amount was so small. I picked up B. and headed back out to settle my debt. I was a bit anxious and then decided that is exactly what Satan wants so I chose to do otherwise!
When we got home, the beautiful weather allowed the children to play outside. Dolly called for me. She had a project going on in the backyard.
Two hours after our trip to the nail salon....check out my girl's fancy nails...



Lucky for her, her toes have been covered all day and still have all the polish on them!
Now for the oh my! part....
In 7 hours, I will be meeting with my team to head to Vnam! They day is finally here! We have marched through battles of Spiritual Warfare and are about to take off!
I read Good Night Moon with B, Moostletoe with Dolly, and started a Magic Tree House book about the Titanic with Billy before putting them to bed and I got a 12 day supply of hugs.
We will meet early (not yet bright) in the morning to head to the airport. Lucky for me, we have a handsome driver and his 8 year old sidekick taking us- buying me more time with them.
I have been building up to this day but it did not really hit me until our sweet Nana T walked into our AWANA club tonight. She has migrated north to help with the children. Nana was a confirmation from God that I was to go on this trip when she offered to help My Dear with the children. He is a great daddy but even great daddies need to show up at the office!
Please pray for our team of 11. I am looking forward to be the hands and feet of Jesus for those children. It is like Christmas morning waiting to see what God wants to show me!!! I hope to share with you from Vnam!
Until them......


Comments

Unknown said…
Too cute! I love that Dolly! I will be praying for you and your family while you are following God's lead.
Will be praying for you....love those nails!
Melisa said…
Melanie,
I am so excited to hear about the grand adventure that God is taking you along for in Vietnam. I have been through Vietnam on our way to Phnom Penh Cambodia to adopt our oldest son. I will not be praying for God to protect you - I will be praying for GOD TO BE GLORIFIED in all He allows you to encounter - the ultimate goal! On a funny note, I took my daughter to get her nails painted, and by 6 p.m., she had peeled it off - you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink, girl!

Popular posts from this blog

HELP!!!

Kinsmen Redeemer

Christmas Cards and "More Dezus"