Cheerleaders and Underwires


I don't know how I missed this story but I LOVE IT!!! In reading through Exodus with my favorite people, we read Ch. 17 vs. 8-15. I was so excited to share this story with my scholarly husband who said, "you have never heard that?" Well, guess I was sick that week in Sunday School.
So Moses, Aaron, and new to the scene, Joshua, are still wandering the desert with the Israelites. They are attacked by the Amalekites. Moses sends Joshua to get some men and go and fight. Moses goes to the top of the mountain with Hur, who is a him, and Aaron. As long as Moses holds his staff in his hands in the air, Joshua and his army are winning. But when Moses's arms are tired and begin to lower the staff, the Israelites are losing. Hur and Aaron them position themselves to hold up Moses's arms for him.
In my life, I have Aarons and Hurs. They hold me up when they see I feel defeated or things are tough or not enough hours in the day or not enough hands or not enough sleep...you know those moments, days, and sometimes weeks. In those days God is molding and making me but without the Hurs and the Aarons, I could easily accept defeat. For years I have called these folks my underwires...the hold me up and support me! But not only that, they cheer me on! Thank you for being my cheerleaders on those days when my arms were dropping. It is your kind words of encouragement, comments on my post, writing on my "wall", hugs, emails, and hanging in the trenches with me that love on me more than you will ever know. What an honor to be your friend! Thank you!
I love you so that I would only depict you as national champion UK cheerleaders.

Comments

Melisa said…
Underwires - I love that! I have a few of those in my life, too. I couldn't make it without them.
Judy said…
Melanie - I have to echo Mark's words really - you've never heard that part of the story?! Sounds like you have a strong support network. While I've never referred to my special friends as Aarons and Hurs - I do believe they are gifts from the Lord and there have been times when I knew I saw big bows around their necks!
Unknown said…
We are taking them at the American Red Cross. They are expensive! But if you are doing foster care than they are free!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Cards and "More Dezus"

Kinsmen Redeemer

HELP!!!