Showing Me More

When looking at our spending, I am constantly asking myself and God how we can do better?

We are preparing for a trip that was given to us. As we prepare for this once in a lifetime opportunity, we are on a spending freeze. I have learned how little I need and just when I think I know it all, God shows me more.
Today, my precious husband had quite a day. He afforded me the luxuary of scrapbooking at a friend's house while he stayed home with the kids. After I was there for some time, he called to ask how much soap to use in the washer. My friend conveyed it to him and then told me that he said, stay as long as you like. I knew he meant it so, I stayed another hour or so.

When I got home, he was cleaning up from feeding the children dinner. He asked if I ate and threw a plate in the microwave to warm my dinner. I sat with our son going through the pictures of his first year of life and talking. Mark walked by and told me he wanted to talk with me later about what happened that day. When we were alone I asked. He very calming told me he took the dirty laundry basket downstairs. He turned the basket upside down to empty it and much to his surprise a paint can comes out of the basket and opens on the clothes he had just got because of his weight lose. I had put the paint in there to be taken back downstairs not thinking of what might happen. I apologized for what I had done. He was okay with it and said he believes he got it all cleaned up. He then tells me that he had preheated the oven to fix a frozen pizza for dinner. When he went to the basement to retrieve it, he opened our freezer to find thawed food. It was broken and half filled with spoiled food. Poor man! What a day!

I have asked where we need to cut back and God is showing me what we WANT versus what we NEED. We like that freezer and loading it up. We can sure use it but do we REALLY need it?
I am reminded, "And my God will meet all of your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:19.
"Consider the ravens : They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are then birds!" Luke 12:24.

We will not be rushing out this week to purchase a new freezer-neither new or used. But we will continue to see how God meets our every need and thank Him for it.

Comments

House Family said…
Wow .. That is so cool! You really inspire me... You are such a strong woman! Thank you for sharing your stories, they really make me think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Gut Shot!

Christmas Cards and "More Dezus"

HELP!!!